We’re Committed to
Green and Sustainable Solutions
EZVI - Emulsified Zero-Valent Iron is an emulsion of powdered zero-valent iron, surfactant, oil and water that reductively dehalogenates halogenated hydrocarbons (e.g. PCE,TCE,CFC,VC). Because EZVI uses an emulsion to deliver reactive iron, it has the ability to mix with DNAPLs, present in the subsurface environment. Thus, EZVI is a source area remediation technology.
At VAK, our objective is to seamlessly interact with environmental consultants and other end users of remediation products to enhance their remediation capabilities and optimize the effectiveness of their remedial designs.
If you have any questions regarding our products or would like more information, please contact us at 225-578-8027
EnPhySys - Engineered_Phytoremediation is a unique engineered phytoremediation system. Typical phytoremediation systems simply rely on the vagaries of natural root development, which limits the quantifying remedial effect. However, EnPhySys incorporates an engineered technology called the TreeWell® System, invented and patented by Dr. Edward Gatliff. This engineered system is unique in that it directs root growth which treats specific sub-surface intervals. This allows you to design systems to hydraulically control and treat targeted zones.
AMTS- Activated Metal Treatment System
A NASA-patented technology developed to extract and destroy PCBs (via reductive dechlorination) in various media through application directly to the contaminated materials.
- Painted structures (e.g. buildings, ships, machinery)
- Concrete surfaces contaminated with PCB oils
- Caulks and other adhesives
- Removes and destroys PCBs from media without creating a hazardous waste
- Allows for reuse or recycling of the structure/material being treated
- Safer and better for the environment than other alternatives
- Useful in a variety of applications
We have numerous other products available upon request – call today and let us be your supplier of environmental products.
- Developed/patented by NASA
- Field tested by the U.S. EPA under SITE program
- Primarily used for In-situ DNAPL source area destruction
- Typical source concentration decrease 90+% within 3 months
- Surfactant stabilized water-in-oil emulsion with zero-valent iron particles
- Hydrophobic, dense emulsion absorbs DNAPL, delivering contaminant to iron
- In-situ chemical reduction of chlorinated solvent to ethane and water
Additional Remediation Products
VAK can provide a variety of other in-situ remediation products, including, but not limited to, Bulk Vegetable Oil and Bulk Lactate, used as electron donor material for biostimulation/bioaugmentation during in-situ anaerobic groundwater and soil bioremediation projects. Cultures used for bioremediation, which are specifically selected for each unique site, can also be purchased through VAK.